Team Application Form
Please send your filled in Team Application plus a $150 check ($75 for introductory binder and $75 for annual fee) to Sew Teach Me, 60834 Ruby Place, Bend, OR 97702.
The annual fee of $75 is dedicated to help promote the program and support programs in place. The fee also helps to defray the cost of an administrative assistant whose job is to support the program and help it grow. Each year, the password for the Sew Teach Me™ website will change and upon payment of the annual fee, each team will have continued access to the site, its forms and all the updates for the program.
What You Need to Start a Team
- A shop or organization needs to make a yearly commitment to the program
- STM is designed to not be too taxing on the owners and employees of a shop or organization
- The shop would provide a safe and comfortable classroom setting
- The shop would provide a dedicated cupboard/shelf to the STM program to store machines, tool caddies, bins with pre-cut projects, shelves for manuals, etc.
- The shop would also provide wall space for a promotional banner, a small table with information and applications as well as an STM email list
- Provide one person on the STM committee in order to synchronize shop events with STM sessions.
As we developed the program we learned that if a number of people all did a little bit, we could provide free sewing lessons to a lot of young students. To run the program there must be a core set of organizers, (we recommend at least 4) including a shop owner or employee. Mentors need to be recruited. Donors provide pre cut and package kits (stashbusters!) Donors can also provide items for gift-basket fundraisers or cash contributions for some of the basic staples of the program.