Donors and Volunteers are the “feed dogs” that make the Sew Teach Me™ machine run! For every child that learns to sew for free in the Sew Teach Me™ program there are at least 10 volunteers and donors behind each match.
- The organizers of the local program
- The trainer that trained the mentors
- The mentors that teach the student
- The volunteer that matches the mentors and students
- The donors that provided the machines and sewing tools
- The volunteer that keeps the machines running
- The donors that precut and package the kits (the pillowcase, sewing caddy and Pillow Pal)
- The volunteer that makes the name tags
- The volunteer that keeps the STM cupboard organized.
- The donors that provided the funds to run the program
- The volunteers that help promote the program at Open Houses and other events
- The donors that contribute baskets for fundraisers
Not everyone wants to be a mentor but there are many opportunites to pass on knowledge, materials and skills to help more kids learn to sew.
Below is a donation request form which includes the measurements for all the Sew Teach Me projects:
Donation Request Form